Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Random Update... Sorry No Baking Involved

I just had to share this with the world. I have some of the best people in my life and this week my favorite is my Miss Jackieleene!

My birthday is coming up in a little over two weeks and I have already received the bestest surprise B-day gift! I came home today after work to this waiting for me:

Not already open, I did that. I was too excited to think of taking a picture before I tore into it! 


Now I love any kind of real mail. One of the reasons that Christmas time is my favorite is because you get more real mail from all your friends and family than any other time of year. My momma knows this and still sends me fun random stuff in the mail from time to time. But packages! That's true excitement. Just ask Justin I had to clear the floor and put it right in the middle of the living room to open it. Eeeeeeeee!

It was from my lovely Jackie. My cousin, best friend, old roommate, maid of honor, soul sister... we have literally known each other since birth so the list could go on and on! She is back in Ohio and it has been since last October since I have seen her. (Mind you at the time she was a wee bit over 5 months preggers and has obviously since brought one of the tiniest lovelies into the world, whom I have yet to be able to meet... sooo yeah, I miss her.) 

And she is awesome. 

This is what was inside:

Have you been reading my blog? Cause she obviously has. A brand spanking new pizza stone! I love it, thank you Jackie oh so much! But it's so clean and pretty and new... I'm going to make it messy I just know it... but what to break it in with???  Hmmmmm... I will keep you posted! In the mean time I love it! 

                                  
yay! 

Oh and kinda big PS to all of you. Thank you so much for actually reading and commenting! Kinda crazy how people know people and all kinda stay in a loop. It's awesome to read about everyone else's adventures in creating and finding out that so many people I know are out there doing so much! I have added a few links on the side of friends family and others who are doing some pretty cool stuff. Some of whom you can buy from too! Check em out! 

And while I'm at it, in response, the savory muffins are on my mind... its brewing don't worry. 

I did look in to etsy at the time, and it would have been a good route to go, but I just decided once and for all the cookie company thing is not for me. If anything, one day I will start painting again, or throwing, or screen printing or just creating in general (anything non-perishable), and then I will for sure talk to you some more about that one! 

But don't let my apparently negative and scary take on the cookie business turn you off of it!! I think I did that to someone here in Portland already... and thats not what I mean. It wasn't for me. But obviously everyone is different, and the art via cookie sounds like a really cool and fun idea. If you want more specifics let me know, and I will try to not get too scary. 

And lastly I think the older I get the more I learn that my (our, to some of you out there) family is kinda screwed up in a lot of different ways and while we are huge and all over the place, we really should know each other better. Lets get on that! (by the way I can't stand Kristen Stewart as Bella and therefore am in complete denial that I look anything like her, though yes I have been told that before)

No comments:

Post a Comment